Thread: What do they say?

What do they say?

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best... We are sitting between two big storms...just waiting. We are supposed to get 30 mph sustained winds with 60+ mph gusts, and LOTS AND LOTS of rain starting in the wee hours of the morning through Tuesday.

Wood stove is running (first for the year). 48 hours of firewood in the house. Generator (15kw) is full of gas with 15 extra gallons of gas on standby. Hatches battoned down. Plenty of beer, rum, fruit, scotch, tequilla, and mix...oh, shucks! No margarita mix...I may have to make a run!

Puts a damper on my "getting things done" before my surgery in 10 days. But some things are out of your hands.

Best of luck to the rest of you in area.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Best of luck Mike...be sure to tie off to something stout
    Mick

Hmmmm, a stout, huh? I was thinking more like a double bock!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Yep, it's just a waiting game....

My wife works for a local electric utility. She's anticipating some long hours, but the worst will be on the guys out on the line crews.

Stay soused Mike. Oops, safe, stay safe Mike!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Gook luck Mike. I do believe y'all in for a bit of a blow.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Wow, we got through that smelling like roses. Areas within 20 minutes or less were not so lucky. But we just got a lot of rain and some wind. Best of luck to all of you out there that weren't so lucky...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Glad to know you're ok Mike. And what's this about surgery?
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Had torn cartilage in my left knee when I was 19. Had surgery to repair it. Here we are 25 years later (pretty much to the month) and I'm going back under the knife to get it cleaned up. Last time I had a long recovery. But I was limping into the hospital, already swollen, and in pain that time. Now, it is more a matter of every 4 months or so, it acts up and leaves me "useless" for a couple of weeks. I'm sick of it taking me out of commission. At least this time, I ought to be walking into the hospital without pain and healthy. I'm hoping that will make for a much quicker recovery.
    I drink, therefore I am.