Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 8 months still waiting for Delta rebate!

Well, I filed a BBB complaint about denying my rebate to which they didn't bother responding.
    Let us know if you get any movement on this, I'd like the $100 rebate I was promised as well.

-Brian

I don't think many companies worry about the BBB much anymore. The BBB doesn't have any authority to do anything anyway.

I think the state attorney generals office is probably the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    I don't think many companies worry about the BBB much anymore. The BBB doesn't have any authority to do anything anyway.

I think the state attorney generals office is probably the best bet.
    As do I.

I still haven't received a reply to my latest polite email. I posted a 1 star review on Amazon, where I bought the drill press. I hate it when people give 1 star reviews for reasons other than how the tool/item performs. My Amazon review clearly states my sentiments on such reviews, yet I was compelled to call attention to Deltas' incredibly poor customer service.The $100 rebate was a significant factor in my decision to purchase the Delta drill press over another similar rated drill press.

Amazon has responded to this problem beyond my expectations. I was amazed at their response. I have always liked/loved Amazon and their concern and response to this issue blows me away. I love Amazon!

I'm never lucky enough at buying a tool when rebates are offered.
    Last edited by John Fabre; 11-01-2012 at 4:30 AM.
    "Dear God, my prayer for 2018 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last four years."

Same problem with a $50 rebate on a Delta lathe. I emailed them, and got the same response. I figured I would never get the rebate, and it wasn't worth my time to go after $50. I know it is the principle of the thing, but it is amazing how much of my life I have wasted fighting for "principles" so I dropped it. Good news it that about 6 or 7 weeks later, I did get the rebate.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

I would not blame them because they are a "Chinese" manufacturer. I think your dealing with simple disorganisation which will probably be addressed. Chang Type is a Taiwanese company that makes OEM tools for TTI, DeWalt, Sears.. not a company that is unfamiliar with doing business in North America.

When this type of thing occurs, its usually not a company driven problem .. Its usually a disorganisation that needs to be addressed.

You know, I've never had a problem getting a rebate. I've done it multiple times, from tools to computer equipment. Most of the rebates I send go to El Paso. I guess it's a company that takes on the task for the seller/manufacturer to process them. All come in the 6-8 week period as stated in the process. The last 5 or 6 you start online, and you have a way to track it through the process. You don't get a specific date you will receive like say UPS or FedEx, but you at least see if there is a problem and when it has made it through the process. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Hope it comes soon for you. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Yesterday I got a reply from Delta. Apparently the rebate checks must be signed by the president and controller (huh? really? the President?). Apparently posting here and on Amazon have been seen by Delta. They moved me to the front of the line. The email said someone else now has to wait longer, sorry, didn't mean to jump the line. My reply was that if Delta is going to offer rebates then they need to have a system in place to handle the paperwork in a timely fashion. I do not blame the poor worker bee that has to deal with the emails (me and many of you, I assume, know the feeling of being just a worker bee). I do blame Delta management for such a poor system. Don't they realize what this does to their image/reputation?
    Last edited by Todd Brewer; 11-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.

I wouldn't buy their guilt trip. I'd be curious to know if anyone that isn't complaining to them is actually getting their rebates. I get the feeling (which may be wrong) that they are hoping the vast majority just let it go, to which they won't mail a check.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Brewer View Post
    Yesterday I got a reply from Delta. Apparently the rebate checks must be signed by the president and controller (huh? really? the President?). Apparently posting here and on Amazon have been seen by Delta. They moved me to the front of the line. The email said someone else now has to wait longer, sorry, didn't mean to jump the line. My reply was that if Delta is going to offer rebates then they need to have a system in place to handle the paperwork in a timely fashion. I do not blame the poor worker bee that has to deal with the emails (me and many of you, I assume, know the feeling of being just a worker bee). I do blame Delta management for such a poor system. Don't they realize what this does to their image/reputation?
    They've had the better part of a year to get it under control. Making an excuse that the president of the company HAS to sign is complete nonsense. If that is really the case, after all this time the president had better make some time to sit his butt in a chair for a week, and start signing until his hand falls off. Personally, I don't believe for one second that this is anything other than an attempt to pay out as few rebates as humanly possible. I've never in my life heard of any company that requires the signature of the PRESIDENT in order to pay a rebate. That's just absurd.

Life lesson, guys. Always pay by credit card, and when the 4-6 weeks that are promised are up, return the item or dispute the charges if you can't get satisfaction with a return. That will get everyone's attention very quickly. I hate to slam companies, but this issue has been going on for nearly a year, and there have been many numerous complaints about it to the point that you just can't ignore it anymore. It's obvious that there is no intention to make good on the rebates.
    Last edited by John Coloccia; 11-02-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Its a crock anyway. I sent in a rebate for a Delta mortiser 2 years ago, and nothing has ever showed up. So I wound up with a crappy mortiser, and no rebate.
    Paul

Gotta remember that Delta is probably only a company of about 40 - 50 people. (The Unisaw Factory may skew that a bit) .. They are largely an importer of product. So while they may have some impressive titles, this is not Bank of America... Heck I could be wrong .. they may be less than 40 people ..

I remember going to a Roofing company/ Factory in Oregon .. All the fancy literature and brochures.. Advertising .. You have this image of a huge company .. Then I arrive and the building looks like it was built in 1940 .. single level with beat up old warehouse/ factory in the back .. Mud and dirt.. The whole place had maybe 40 employees ..

After that response, it sounds like the President procrastinates at signing his rebate cheques.. I know it sounds silly but there is probably a frustrated office girl wishing he would sign his cheques..

That's no excuse either. Erin pulled this president has to sign/move you to the front of the line crap with me too. HAS to could have been fixed many, many months ago. More like WANTS TO (or doesn't want to as the case may be.)

I think there are some really bad signs about about what is going on at Delta. This, issues with availability of machines, the whole parts fiasco which has been going on for probably at least a year past when they said it would be resolved. Then they aren't even honest about what is going on. I won't buy another Delta machine myself.

I'll be at a 1 year wait on a midi lathe rebate come Dec. 31. It's the last Delta machine I buy. Just hope my switches don't fail like all the other mentioned on-line. I also threw the live center away when I tried to use it. Total cr$p. It's almost like they put worn out bearings in it.