Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 8 months still waiting for Delta rebate!

Over 8 months still waiting for Delta rebate!

Purchased a Delta Drill Press model 18-900L in February. Due a $100 rebate. 8 months later nothing!

On 7-31 I sent an inquiry.

On 8-2 I received this reply to my inquiry:

Dear Todd,
    Thank you for reaching out to DELTA about the status of your rebate submission. We are still behind on processing these rebates due to a back log in our system. I am not sure how far we are behind at this point, but I will look into this matter some more. I will see if there is anything I can do to get your rebate moving faster through our system. I will let you know as soon as I receive an update as to when your check is to be mailed.

We would like to thank you for choosing to purchase DELTA products.
    Sincerely,

DELTAŽ Power Equipment Corporation

I appreciate the timely response but after 5 months it's a lame excuse. Now after 8 months it speaks volumes of what Delta thinks of its customers.

I sent another email on 10-15, it was not exactly polite. No reply. Sent another polite one tonight, will see if I get a reply. The not-so-polite email threatened to spread the word about not getting my rebate... so here I am, spreading the word.

8 months is beyond acceptable. Not replying to my email 2 weeks ago is unacceptable. Personally I will never buy another Delta product.

Manufacturers count on a certain percentage of people not submitting rebates or not filling them out correctly. Then they send the rebate check in an envelope that looks like junk mail. I thought Delta/Beisemeyer was above this but I guess not.

If I knew how to complain to my state Attorney General I would. There should be a law on rebates: Must be sent in a timely manor, must send email notice, must not look like junk mail.

Todd
    Last edited by Todd Brewer; 10-29-2012 at 9:18 PM.

That's flipping crazy!

In Michigan you can fill out a complaint at Michigan.gov. And they do follow up.

I would call them

They been getting bad "press" on the web for quite some time. Obviously they don't care. Calling won't do any good. They have one person working on them part time and she has no authority. They acted VERY quickly when I gave them a four hour deadline before I filed a complaint with the AG. She even drove the check to the post office because they missed the mail.

Looks like in SC, where they are located, it is done via Consumer Affairs: http://www.consumer.sc.gov/consumer/...s/default.aspx.

I scan or photocopy everything I send, just to make sure that I get what is due to me. I once chased a $50 rebate for a year...then ended up getting two. Not my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    I scan or photocopy everything I send, just to make sure that I get what is due to me. I once chased a $50 rebate for a year...then ended up getting two. Not my fault.
    I have copies of everything and all email correspondence.

I have never filed a complaint with Attorney General but I think this is deserving of the effort required.

Makes me glad that I have decided to go with Grizzly equipment. Still waiting for the free batteries for my Bosch drill. Think more people took advantage of their offer than they planned for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Makes me glad that I have decided to go with Grizzly equipment. Still waiting for the free batteries for my Bosch drill. Think more people took advantage of their offer than they planned for.
    I have a Grizzly table saw and Grizzly 8" jointer. The jointer blades were out of spec. Called Grizzly, they sent out a new set of blades, no questions asked. Now that is customer service!

Personally, I would take it back to the store and get a refund. It's coming up on a year, and there is no reason to think that the rebate is coming.

This is why I buy all used machines. You can look at it, operate it, and if you like it, lay down the dinero and it's yours. PLUS, if I were buying a drill press, I can't help but think that the older delta, powermatic, etc. were at least as good as what is made today.

8 months? Wow...you have far more patience than I do. I very occasionally run into problems like this, and not just with rebates. Refunds, getting product shipped, etc. When it gets to the point of silliness, I make a phone call and I politely tell them that they have until tomorrow to resolve it. If it's not resolved when I call back at COB tomorrow, I will call them every 20 minutes until it is resolved. I also tell them that I will report it to the appropriate agencies to investigate and prosecute. In this case, you can probably get postal inspectors involved because they had you mail the rebate information to them. You don't want don't want to anger the the Mossad and you don't want to anger the IRS....THEY don't want to anger postal inspectors.

99% of the time, the problem gets resolved by the next day, or I at least get some communication back that gives a reasonable schedule for fixing it. I did have one company take me up on my offer to call them until they fixed it. It's amazing what you can learn about a company if you just keep calling and asking questions...social engineering I believe it's called? It didn't take but an hour to make a complete and utter pest of myself and send the entire office into turmoil. I'll bet they still talk about it at happy hour.

The whole rebate issue with Delta, coupled with parts and service issues has prompted me to put Delta on the Do Not Buy (DNB) list.

I get the feeling the new owners are trying their living best to get out of every rebate they possibly can. Those that are due rebates are going to have to make a big stink or lot of noise to get them.
    Last edited by Kevin W Johnson; 10-31-2012 at 12:51 PM.

This is what happens when you deal with Chinese manufacturers.

Ron, are you saying that all companies that manufacturer in China have poor customer service? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Natalie View Post
    This is what happens when you deal with Chinese manufacturers.
    Last edited by scott vroom; 10-31-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Didn't know Best Buy and CompUSA were Chinese manufacturers? Because they tried pulling the same kind of thing before several states sued them...