Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Ideas to Rip Cut a Tube

Use a 24” or longer “V” block secured to the fence, center the blade at the v’s bottom. Run it into the blade about 12” and set in a wood wedge to match the kerf. This will prevent twist or roll, and also keep the stock from clamping the blade. I use a flat top blade with a negative rake for my plastics.

- Beachside Hank
    Improvise, adapt, overcome; the essence of true craftsmanship.

Wow- thanks to you all. There are some great ideas here. I especially like the square ends connected with a threaded rod for the TS, and the use of hot glue on a BS sled. I can't wait to test some of the ideas this weekend.

Thanks again,
    Bob

Just by way of update, I cut the tube this weekend using a threaded rod with square ends. I connected the plywood ends with a lengths of plywood top and bottom and ran it through my table saw. The plywood top and bottom acted like a zero clearance insert and the cut was very clean. The only issue was a little "remelting" of the tube which was easily cleaned up with a spokeshave.

Thanks for all the great ideas.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Just by way of update, I cut the tube this weekend using a threaded rod with square ends. I connected the plywood ends with a lengths of plywood top and bottom and ran it through my table saw. The plywood top and bottom acted like a zero clearance insert and the cut was very clean. The only issue was a little "remelting" of the tube which was easily cleaned up with a spokeshave.

Thanks for all the great ideas.
    Bob
    high fives to the cut