Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know if this has been widely seen... but it cracked me up.

I'll bet if i took out my pile of worthless H&Rs that I bought early on (well, the irons aren't worthless, I could probably get $5 a crack for the irons), and creatively took video to hide the fact that they are completely blue, I could really create a controversy by showing their makers marks and then burning them, etc.

Some of them, the bottoms look like they were run in a T channel for a few thousand yards until they got lines permanently in them, and others have nail holes and such in the bottom. Some others are fine, but just common and worthless types that have no chance of finding a match, and aren't worth the cost to ship them. I wish they were about 6 feet long so I could cut them down and use the beech!

Hopefully you have developed more discriminatory taste by now!! (sp?)

Yeah, I literally got a box of 40 planes from an antique dealer for $350. 6 of them are dado planes and some are genuinely useful, and several more are good-shape beaders (but the same issue with most common moulding planes, they are architectural sized beads). But I would've been better off not buying the whole bunch, because the only ones I've used in earnest are the small ones. If the power would've gone early this week, I would've probably used the big ones to heat a percolator in the fireplace.

4. I believe he is of English heritage now living in Australia. Either way it's hillarious.