Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Pricing Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Brian,
    I wasn't aware of that - thanks for the info.
    My wife and I didn't start shopping on Amazon until after 2000.
    What sparked my curiosity about it was my wife had checked the price of something on her computer and later, I checked the same item on mine and the price was different. I don't recall if it was higher or lower.
    Being in IT/computer support, it was easy enough for me to remote into other systems and check the prices from there.
    No Macs though - I only supported PC's.
    Here is another interesting tidbit. Add something/somethings under $100 each fullfilled by amazon to your cart. Go to your cart and click the "save for later" where it saves it on your shopping cart page. Wait a few days to weeks. About 70% of the time the items I'd added to my cart but then saved for later will drop in price 1-10%. The percentage seems high enough to be more than a coincidence.
    One purchase helps keep HF in business, the other helps keep LV in business.
    Those two outcomes have different values for me. - Chuck Nickerson

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holbrook View Post
    Camera was back at $584 this morning. I guess it does pay to wait, sometimes.

Perry
    'Hope you "clicked"!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

By their unique policies today amazone is on the top. Perry such a pricing policy is being used by every retailer or manufacturer in order to attract their customers. You will see further fluctuation in their pricing policies as every business requires such policies in order to capture the entire market.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    'Hope you "clicked"!
    Yep, I clicked. Price on the camera this morning is back at $649. This has been a good education, thanks everyone.

Perry

B AND H is the way to go for anything photographic. This has been true for as long as I can remember.