Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with a puzzle vector

Help with a puzzle vector

I am trying to make a puzzle for my daughter out of wood. I have this EPS file but it has multiple lines so the laser wants to make multiple cuts. Can someone tell me how to do this? I have attached a link to the file I am working with.

I am working with Corel Draw 6 and a speedy 300 80w

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1363770/puzzle%209%20piece.eps

Adobe Distiller could not open ??
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Mark

Thats weird it's a standard .eps file

Hi Chris,

Open it in corel, view in wire frame and delete the outlines then convert the remaining to red hairline or what ever you require.
    Dave Cox

etch-it

New Zealand
    Universal PLS 6.60 with rotary attachment
    Corel X6

should just have to resize to fit
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Thanks everyone i really appreciate it. The hardest thing is getting good at Corel Draw so far.

How do you get it so you don't have double lines all over it?
    60W GCC Spirit GX
    Inventor 2011
    Corel Draw x5
    Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Edens View Post
    Thanks everyone i really appreciate it. The hardest thing is getting good at Corel Draw so far.
    Folks sometimes don't realize it, but learning Corel proficiently is 95% of this busness. You are on the way.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Jeff

Dave has the answer.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

But if you click on the center piece and delete it, it still looks as if it is there because it shares lines with the 4 pieces around it. My laser will double cut all of those lines (go over them twice).
    60W GCC Spirit GX
    Inventor 2011
    Corel Draw x5
    Indiana

Chris, give me your e-mail and I will send you a Corel file with various puzzle (it is 750 kb).
    Epilog Mini 24/35W, Shenhui 600x900/80W RECI, CNC WK1325, Galvo Fiber 10W

It opened just fine in Vectric V-carve as a singe line puzzle.

Chris, use this as a learning experience. Open your original file and view your Object Manager. (Tools, Object Manager) You will find that you will want to keep that docker open and accessible at all times when working in Corel.

Viewing that file in Object Manager, you would have seen 9 objects with a black fill and 9 objects with a white fill. Play around in the Object Manager. Click on the top black object, hold down your shift key and click on the last black object. You just selected 9 objects. Add a hairline to them - right-click on any color such as cyan. See what happens to your graphics. Undo that. Now select your 9 white objects in the Object Manager and change them to a hairline. See what happens to those graphics. You can't see anything change that time because they are under the black graphics. Undo that. Now select all your black objects via Object Manager. Delete them. You now have a blank screen. Now select all your white ojects via Object Manager. Add a hairline. See what happens to your graphics now.

Now start playing with other files and pay attention to what happens in your Object Manager.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Not sure if these are the same files, but I had a heck of a time getting some web-found jigsaw patterns into single lines rather than multiple pieces with duplicate edges. If my memory serves me correctly I ended up opening the .eps files in Rhino, exploded, make2d'd, then joined. It may be possible to explode and overkill in AutoCad.

15. Hi Chris

Here's a laser friendly version

Regards

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files