Thread: just the basics

just the basics

Needed a turning fix. So this maple HF is what i came up with. Nothin special,just a old piece of maple i had sitting around for over a year, and decided it was time to put it to use. Not sure if it needs a finial,but had one sitting around that fit, so i'll show a pic of it with,and with out and let ya all decide if it should have one or not. Thanks and all C&C welcome.096 (800x713).jpg099 (800x578).jpg098 (800x596).jpg

I think I actually like it without the finial, but with the finial it don't look bad ether,
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

I like it witht he finial. Nice match for one that was just sitting around. I'm going to think that you might have adjusted it a bit to follow the curve so well. Nice looking piece with or without the finial

Paul no i really didn't adjust the curve on it.I just set it on there for the pic.Got luckly i guess.

5. I like the finial with it Steve........nice work! The finial takes away from that big ole' hole in the side!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I like the finial with it Steve........nice work! The finial takes away from that big ole' hole in the side!
    Big ole'hole what big ole'hole. LOL

Nice work bud!! Either way looks good!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Nice looking HF, I don't think it needs a finial but agree that this finial fits really well. You won't go wrong either way.

Very nice Steve! I think it looks good either way.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Nice form Steve, wood looks great. I like the piece with or without the finial. Nice job on the finial's form, well executed. And, it transitions nicely on the form. My only comment would be the size of the finial, to my tastes it would look better if it was a bit larger/taller.

I like the middle picture..flowing color change and shows the lovely round shape
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Ditto what Michelle said.

Also, what size is it?
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Thanks all. Richard it's about 6 1/2x 5, with 1/4 wall thickness.Michelle i like that middle pic my self, kinda why i added it.