Thread: Rockwell Delta 46-450 Gap Filler

Rockwell Delta 46-450 Gap Filler

Hello All,
    Does anyone have a picture of the gap filler used at the headstock of a Rockwell/Delta 46-450? I have had no luck trying to find one so it looks like I'm off to a machine shop.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dave,
    I had one and it was like finding a diamond.I took some pictures before I sold it. Good Luck
    Mark

HPIM0367.jpgHPIM0368.jpgHPIM0369.jpg

Blog Entries
    Do you have threads on the outbord end and is it 1"8 left hand , some how i got a 10 " face plate . would trade for peanut butter M&M or wood

They are rare. Think about making it out of a dense hard wood. It is rarely used to support the banjo only keep it from falling in the gap. I had the 46-450 for 15 years and usually found ways around it. It won't be cheap if you fine one on E-bay or where people know what it is. Most will buy it to restore old machines. It could be made from channel iron and shimmed to the correct height.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

over the years I have seen them made for wood on many old gap beds..as Bob said they don't have to be too crazy, just to keep the banjo upright.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Sounds like a relatively easy and 'cheap' fix.....Thanks everyone for the photos and comments!

Thanks,
    Dave

If you need more pics I can take some for you......

Hi Steve, I would be interested in pictures of the bottom of the filler. Any help/pictures are definitely appreciated!

Thanks for the offer!

Dave