Thread: "Whiskey River"

"Whiskey River"

Here is a horse from a Janet cordell roughout. Janet doesn't have completed models or photos; she kinda wants you to carve your own usinging what she teaches about forms and anatomy. Which is good, since I was actually carving something else in her class and just listened to bits and pieces as she taught others to carve this horse. I really loved her design and managed to complete the carving after doing a little research. It is carved from basswood with a cherry base and stands about 10 inches tall. The title is from a Willie Nelson song. Thanks for looking!

I like the angle of the horse's head. It adds an "action" to the piece. I've seen this pose in a lot of horses that were prancing and playing around. Looks real nice.

Another beautiful work ....base is good! Thanks for the "truth in advertising ",but it's really not necessary .That roughing out part is for helpers,anyway. I ve been wondering ,and I'm sure many others too ,when we would see some more of your work. Best regards to Barefoot Girl.