Thread: Upgrade Gloat!

Upgrade Gloat!

Well, it started back in October, when Redmond had a special going on American made Delta 14" Bandsaws (28-299).......$489....not shabby at all. My sweet bride allows me to get this as my Christmas present . At the time of purchase (October), I don't have my garage/shop/carriage house built yet, so Redmond says "no problem, we'll store it for you even if it takes nine months". OKAY! Store it I said, after paying for it.

Now the garage/shop/carriage house is complete enough, and I'm populating the shop with my long stored tools. I called Redmond on Tuesday to notify them that I was coming to fetch my meager 14" BS. After some SERIOUS apologies and warehouse searching, they notified me that they had sold my previously purchased saw. To their credit, the staff couldn't stop apologizing, and promised that the next shipment of Delta reconditioned saws would have mine in it. The kicker is, the model 28-299 is no longer available, and I'll have to get by with the 28-475X..........that's right, and X5 model at no cost to me!! WOOHOO! I'll have to live with an extra .5 hp in the motor, but I'll manage some how. Also, they said that for my troubles, they'd deliver it to me, gratis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maurice

Maurice, That's really too bad, but I'm sure you'll find a way to use that extra half horse.
    Wes Newman

"Where did all of my money go? "

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    CONGRATS !!
    EVEN A BLIND HOG FINDS AN ACORN EVERY NOW AND THEN

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Congrats. Redmond did you well to offer to store the bandsaw for you. Warehousing costs are NOT cheap. They also seem to be making it right with you.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

excellent ... way to go.. I am sure that you will like the saw.

lou

Redmonds is a class operation. They are honest and have always done the right thing when it comes to the client.

Congrats, not a bad deal at all.

That is great!!!!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Forgive my ignorance, but what is that lever for? Did you get a plunge bandsaw?

edit: Ah-ha. A quick tension release. Fancy!
    Last edited by Darren Ford; 04-21-2005 at 12:11 PM. Reason: a little research goes a long way

Maurice, a great story with a very happy ending! Congratulations on your new saw!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

I ordered the 14" bandsaw "special" from redmonds today....I wonder if I ask them to hold on to....no never mind

Congrats on the free upgrade..they seemed to be a great company talking to them on the phone today.

You might want to look at something else----I think you upgraded the warranty by getting the X Model----they are 5 years?????????
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Max
    You might want to look at something else----I think you upgraded the warranty by getting the X Model----they are 5 years?????????
    Gary, I thought about that too, but since this is a reconditioned unit, I think that warranty time is reduced - that's ok, the warranty on the reconditioned 28-299 that I originally bought was only 6 months. I also thought about the $50 rebate or a free tool, but......oh, well, it's still a great deal!

Tim, you can give it a shot!

Maurice
    Maurice