Thread: DeWalt 735 Planer

DeWalt 735 Planer

My planer won't feed. I've checked the rollers (looked to see if they're rotating) and they seem to be OK. Have any of you experienced this problem? Is it something I can fix or do I need to take it in.

Thanks

I had the same problem on a 733. Broken gear inside. I understand the 735 has the same design flaw. Doesn't ALL Dewalt stuff?
    The gear is cheap and its not too difficult to changer but a pain in the butt.

I had the same problem. The two speed lever was straight up and down which resulted in a neutral setting.

I had similar problem and someone suggested waxing the planer bed and it worked for me.

I've had the "Neutral setting" and the "need to wax the bed" a few times. Very common and hopefully your problem. Check those out and good luck!
    If you don't have time to do it right the first time, then when are you going to find the time to do it right the second time?

Waxing the bed helps quite a bit. Also, some woods, such as pine, can coat the rollers with fine dust/chips that cause them not to grip the piece. I use mineral spirits on a rag and wipe them down. Needless to say, be incredibly careful as you will be working right next to the blades.
    Clark Harbaugh

ditto on cleaning the rollers - it needs to be done regularly.

Thanks guys, I'll give both ideas a try and let you know how they work.

Ditto I had to wax the table too one time for it to work

I keep a spray can of dri-lube handy and occasionally spray it on the entry platten just ahead of the rolls. Works great and doesn't soil the wood.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

I will just add that this happens to me far more often when it gets cold. Waxing and cleaning helps a lot.

Thanks a ton guys. I cleaned the rollers and waxed the bed and I'm back in business.

Your knives are probably dull too. The bed and rollers can be pretty cruddy and will still feed with sharp knives.

I changed the blades to see if that would solve the original problem.