Thread: Help identifying saw blade

Help identifying saw blade

I posted this in the engravers forum and metal workers but thought a wood worker might know as well. I put a table saw blade in my laser engraver "just because" not expecting any results but to my amazement, it turned out. I have no idea where i got this blade, no logo or anyother info on it. It was an old one. I am trying to figure what type of coating is on this that allowed the laser to blacken it. I have tried others with no luck, it just removed the coating down to the bare metal. Does anyone have any idea of what brand, type, coating, etc. of blade i have here, it is 10" 40T, 5/8" arbor wood blade. The type of coating is the main thing i need to figure out.Any info is appreciated. Would love to do more of these without having to buy several types. Here is a pic, hopefully it will help.
    Thanks
    IMG_0218.JPG
    Chad Fitzgerald
    Hickory Grove Cabinetry
    Custom Woodworking/Laser Engraving
    Laser Pro Spirit 40W
    ShopSabre RC4 CNC
    55x49 cut area
    with 3 1/4 PC Router, 10" Z

It looks like a Bosch made blade to me....it could be a Bosch made blade with a Craftsman or Vermont American logo. The engraving came out great!

skil.jpg sears.jpg
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

that does make sense. way back when i did get some blades from sears. the pic on the bottom right of the craftsman looks pretty close. i see titanium coating, i wonder if if that has changed over the years. i will have to get to sears and check them out.
    thanks for the start
    Chad Fitzgerald
    Hickory Grove Cabinetry
    Custom Woodworking/Laser Engraving
    Laser Pro Spirit 40W
    ShopSabre RC4 CNC
    55x49 cut area
    with 3 1/4 PC Router, 10" Z

I'm just guessing, but maybe some type of zinc coating to keep it from rusting. There was a post going years ago about using a cold galvanizing rattle can spray on steel that the laser would react to.