Thread: JDS Multi-Router owners need some help with Gas Spring Part Number

JDS Multi-Router owners need some help with Gas Spring Part Number

I pickup a older JDS Multi-Router. The Gas Spring/Strut is a little weak, part number and manufacture's name are not readable on the cartridge any longer. If you have a readable part number, could you post it here, or PM me with it. JDS wants almost $60.00 for it with shipping, and I see the same size one going for less then $20.00 on the WEB. Thanks for any help in advance. Tom

Thomas,

I have the same machine but it is at my business location. I will be there on Monday, so if you do not get the info by then email me and I will pm the info.

Thanks, Glenn

Mine says " Stabilus " its black with blue writing ..

The numbers are 3096EL 0098N 084/02 A4

Glenn and Rick
    Thank you so much for your help. Stabilus gas springs or there retailers don't have a PN cross reference that I have found helpful as of yet. JDS gas cartridge might be a custom size. Tom

I'll check mine on Monday. I just replaced a similar gas assist on rear lift gate on my Honda Pilot. They wanted $250 installed. I found them on the web for $10 each each and they just snap in.

Hey Thomas, you might call them and tell them what its for, or I can get you the dimensions of mine.

Stabilus and AVM http://www.avmind.com/std_lift_support.asp are the leading manufactures of gas springs. AVM's are american made and they have an industrial divison. McMaster Carr also sell's gas springs. Hope this help's

JDS company is VERY responsive. Just give them a call. You will have the part this week.

Mike
    John at JDS was very helpful. But I was trying to keep the price down from the just under $60.00 shipped. If I could find one at the prices I see on the WEB for that size Gas Spring. Thanks for any help. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hotchkin View Post
    Mike
    John at JDS was very helpful. But I was trying to keep the price down from the just under $60.00 shipped. If I could find one at the prices I see on the WEB for that size Gas Spring. Thanks for any help. Tom
    Hi Tom. Just curious if you ever got a replacement gas spring. I just bought a multirouter that needs a gas spring replaced as well. If so, can you provide a link or part number?

Paul
    I picked up a gas spring from SUAPA, Grand Rapids, Michigan, part number is C-16 14883 20lbs, for about $30.00 plus shipping two years ago. At that time I was using PC router that's a little heaver then the Bosch that is on it now. If you have the "C" number from your old gas spring and no change in router I would go that size. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hotchkin View Post
    Paul
    I picked up a gas spring from SUAPA, Grand Rapids, Michigan, part number is C-16 14883 20lbs, for about $30.00 plus shipping two years ago. At that time I was using PC router that's a little heaver then the Bosch that is on it now. If you have the "C" number from your old gas spring and no change in router I would go that size. Tom
    Thanks Thomas!!! The previous owner has a older bosch on it right now. I think I will replace it with a Dewalt 618. What formula did you use to calculate the force needed for your given router? I'll probably just go with the one you got though.

Edit: I just looked and the one currently on there is F4714
    Last edited by Paul Hingco; 03-15-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Also did you re-use the (not sure of the actual name) end fitting that attaches to the ball joint? If so, how do you take it out of the old gas spring?
    Last edited by Paul Hingco; 03-15-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Paul
    I talked with person at Suapa and he came up with the model number that I got. There was no readable numbers on the old strut. The new strut is a little too strong for the Bosch and so so for PC router that I used before. You have to change out one end fitting from your old strut, it was threaded on. Hope this helps. Tom