Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greene and Greene style stair system

I hope you are able to live in that house for a very long time (assuming it's yours.) Far, far too nice to move away from.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon

Gordon I wish I could say it was my house but this was built for a customer.

Sam the project took about 4 months and the finish is 3 coats Sherwin Williams satin poly

Beautiful. Love to have that in my house. If, ah, I had a 2nd floor...
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Ye Gods - That's an incredible number of mortise & tenon joints. Even if made with power tools and jigs, that must've taken forever.

My compliments - I'm guessing that the fit of each and every one of the 200 or so M&T joints would affect the fit of everything else. Even with precise CAD drawings, such a project would be daunting.

You might consider sending a snapshot of the staircase to Fine Homebuilding - it's certainly worthy of a magazine cover!

Nice job, and very impressive, even to this jaded woodworker.

Thanks Dave it took about 4 months to complete with quite a bit of tweaking here and there during assembly no cad drawings just an idea and a mock up to get it going.

Nice job! Fir looks so nice with age. Very good looking, over the top but yet still classy.

Steve, one of the nicest stair projects I have seen! That definately deserves to be posted in a magazine somewhere.

Any idea of the BF it took for the job??
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I just came across this, great job. I have looked at the staircase from the Gamble house often with hope that one day someone would ask me to duplicate it. So far, no luck. Usually by the time the client gets to that stage, they start pulling back on the budget.

Very nice work, beautiful job. It starts getting difficult making money on that complex of a project.
    Richard

Wonderful job.

I really like this. It's beautiful. What finish did you use?

Nelson

Absolutely gorgeous!

Simply Fantastic, Good Job

I'll bet the maid hates you.

Impressive!!