Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Comparing thoughts on SawStop

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Chris, how would you feel if the gov. invented this technology (saw stop) and gave it to all the table saw manufactures to use in their saws? No increase in price and no one getting fat off of it.

Richard
    Let the market and the consumer decide. We know that smoking is likely the most dangerous threat to health in the country. What if physicians said that they would not treat anyone who continues to smoke?

I have little compassion for smokers.

Richard

Rich, Per,

It has been fun but, it is getting late and I must go to bed. Thanks for the lively conversation!

Chris

Blog Entries
    " I muse that if I were a carpenter and were trying to start up a new business that the government telling me that I need to spend the amount for a Sawstop (versus equiping a very decent shop entirely) that I would be rather pissy. But, what do I know? Per, are you willing to spend that amount out of your pocket everytime the government tells you to do so? Is ther no room for responsibility and logic here?"

what part is responsible or logic here?

if the government left safety up to each of us to decide whats safe and what wasnt we would bury ourselves quickly.

rules/laws for setting up a shop are there to protect "everyone" involved. workmans comp isnt a safety net for ignorance.

if your shop/job depended on "you" for a roof over its head and groceries on the table and you sustained a major injury i guess it would be "GAME OVER".

i guess the opinions between ametuer and professional woodworks are going to vary considerable. im on the professional end, though most shops dont use guards for one reason or another the invention of SAWSTOP would very easily be introduced into the workplace as it doesnt interfer with normal shop activities.....jack

sawstop

Ken-

A long rant, but I read every word.

In my consulting business, I frequently get ideas/patents that solve a non-existing problem--always at a substantial penalty.

Thanks for your input!

BILL FIELDS