Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I now understand my problem... I'm out of space.

I'm with you here, Todd... <G>
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but how about flip top tool cabinets/stands? I have to believe some of those tools can be mounted such that you have one bolted on top of the stand and one bolted underneath...and with a simple flip of the cabinet/stand top you have access to either tool.

How about overhead storage of wood so it doesn't chew up valuable wall or floor space?

Wheels baby! I have every tool and cabinet on wheels so I can move anything at any time. I rarely move the key/big tools, but the smaller, less used ones are stored right next to each other and I roll them over 3-4 feet to an open space as needed.

How about going vertical on your walls? I have seen some shops that have cleats mounted at multiple levels on the walls and they have tools stored low, mid, and high....not an inch of wall space wasted and because of the cleat system, it's all moveable as well.

When all else fails, double the project budget, size, and scope, then get it done before anyone asks any questions and deal with the consequences later as you revel in your massive, glorious man-shop. Hey, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.