Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tis the Season 2012

Steve, does this mean that you have completed all your Christmas turnings and are going to take Dec. off?

What a FUN pic! I showed it to my wife and suggested that we do this too instead of a tree this year. Now if she would only let me back in the house ..............
    Dick Mahany.

See, I tried that last year. It looked nice, and I figured it would help light up my work area better- more point sources, less hard shadows, right? But then...

things just took a turn for the worse when I turned the lathe on.

Merry Christmas!
    -Michael

Steve,
    We wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, as it looks as if you will not be turning, until the holiday is over. I hope Santa leave's a new turning tool under the Lathe... HO-HO-HO. Happy Holidays to all my friends here at the Creek........
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

best deco i've seen this year, thanks for sharing Steve

Steve
    Thank you for the smile, I needed it .Happy Holidays to you and all the creekers. Remember to enjoy your family and friends and remember the ones that we lost. To all a VERY MERRY HOLIDAY.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Happy Holidays Steve! Happy Holidays fellow creekers! When I saw the title of the this post it made me smile! It looks like you went all out this year!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

There is something about your decorating.....it seems a little more Robust this year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Thanks for all the comments everyone... just trying to have a little fun here!

I hope to have the HF that is on the lathe finished in a week or so and then be able to post it. Largest HF I have turned to date... and will take a while to get the interior of it sanded to get rid some of the tear-out! The form is maple but was extremely brittle when hollowing. Might have something to do with it being soaked in DNA for about 5 weeks while I went fishing and cut trails out on our property!

Rich - when you going to come over??
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

What a great picture! Rene' and I love it! Happy holidays to you, your family and everyone else on the Creek.

Ho ho ho! The Beauty sure looks nice and festive under the glow of the Christmas Lights. Great tradition, can't wait to see the finished form.

It looks great, Steve! Anybody who doesn't chuckle and smile upon seeing the beauty all lit up... Well, humbug to them!

Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year, HO HO HO
    Have fun and take care

Looks geat Steve. I was wondering when you would get the annual lathe decorating done. Merry Christmas to you and your better half.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Nice seeing some lasting traditions like this Steve. Well done...again, and happy holidays to you and all the Creekers.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!