Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would anyone like to win a new band saw?

Would anyone like to win a new band saw?

On February 11th, 2013 we will celebrate our tenth anniversary here at The Creek. I am working diligently to put together a list of FreeStuff Drawings so we can have the largest giveaway in our history.

We have a confirmation that one of our advertisers will be giving away a new band saw plus another gesture that everyone here will be able to enjoy.
    So, is this something you guys and gals are interested in?

OBTW, I have a similar thread in the engravers forum confirming that someone will win a brand new laser engraver. This prize is also confirmed.

You can see that I am trying to put together a list of tools and machines that will encourage each of you to be part of our celebration.

Blog Entries
    Keith, it always great to "see" all the invisible effort you put out to make SMC a great place to visit. Visible stuff like free goodies are always appreciated. Count me int.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    A new dedicated band saw has been on my long term wish list for years. I will be one of the first to sign up. Thanks to you for all you hard work on this!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I echo the thanks of the others.
    The staff here does a great job!

(W/any luck that bit of buttering up Ken F. will get me an invite to the SMC private hunting lodge LOL! )

Seriously though - I do need a bandsaw. It's the last major tool I need. (LOL! If there is such a thing ) - so count me in!

Yes, I'm sure you will be getting lots of positive feedback. Thanks Keith.

It will probably take another week for Aaron Koehl to get his part of this shindig setup and working but you should start seeing new FreeStuff threads very soon. There will also be web pages associated with the drawings with links to each machines thread so you can make sure you don't miss out on any of the machines you are interested in winning.

Although I started the thread about the Laser Engraver in the Laser Engraving Forum here everyone is welcome to register. No matter what flavor of woodworking you prefer, maybe you would like to be able to add some laser engraving to your current projects. The laser engraver is not a cheap import, it is a 60 watt machine manufactured by the most respected company in the industry.

Now I'm off to find a BIG table saw, cyclone system, wood lathe, etc, etc............maybe even a CNC Router

You Want To Win Right.....you must register and opt-in to win in the FreeStuff Forum thread for each machine and you must be a Contributor here to post in the FreeStuff Forum. Those who don't know what a Contributor is should click on the DONATE link on the blue menu bar at the top of any page.

Keith,

I too want to thank you for all of your hard work here and for whatever strings you have to pull to make this happen. The "Free Stuff" drawings, of course...but also this wonderful resourse called SMC. This place has, seriously, been the closest thing I will probably ever see to Shop Class or any kind of woodworking lessons.

I thank you.

My wife thanks you...everytime I make her something...
    Last edited by Harold Burrell; 12-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post

W/any luck that bit of buttering up Ken F. will get me an invite to the SMC private hunting lodge LOL!
    Rich,

You are welcome to one of my weeks. When you find it, PM the GPS coordinates to me please. BTW...the rules state that one has to drain the hot tub before you leave the lodge. Don't forget!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Please enter me, too.

Thanks for all the work you do. This website IS my only social media (they don't let me out much).

Rick Potter

Definitely has been a wonderful place to share and learn about all aspects of woodworking! I have never really won anything in my life so count me in for a chance at the band saw!

Thanks much for all you do Keith!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Thanks for all your efforts, Keith. Not just with the FreeStuff drawings but also in everything else you do to run the 'Creek.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Absolutely awesome!! Count me in!
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

Yes, I am absolutely interested. Thank you so much for the opportunity BUT - You Want To Win Right.....you must register and opt-in to win in the FreeStuff Forum thread for each machine and you must be a Contributor here to post in the FreeStuff Forum. Those who don't know what a Contributor is should click on the DONATE link on the blue menu bar at the top of any page.

So I still need to sign in on the FreeStuff Forum right? I'll be there!!!

"... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Count me in! Thanks....

Count me in as well. Kudos to you for all your hard work behind the scenes. But not only you but all the moderators as well.