Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders

Orders

Well got most of my Christmas orders done. I have in the back from left to right is two cedar peppermills, a set of cedar salt and peppermills, a set of cherry salt and peppermills, along with several toothpick holders. In front in the middle is a Honduran Mahogany salt mill and antique peppermill and on the right front is a cherry antique peppermill with toothpick holder. I made some extra coasters on the left. These are 5 of the 11 orders I got. The others have already been picked up. I have 3 pens left to make yet and one antique peppermill as I sold the wifes when we ran out at the craft fair. So need to get her another one. Insides have two coats of shellac and the outsides are lacquer. Would have used water based lacquer but needed to get these finishe quickly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nicely done, Bernie.

As an aside, do you find the gloss sells better than satin? It's opposite here, so I'm guessing it's a geographical/demographical thing.

Thanks for sharing, hope these net more orders.....................
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Thanks Richard. Yes gloss does sell better around here. I made some last year that half were satin and half were gloss. All the gloss sold and didn't sell a satin one. I got several orders and they were all for gloss finsih.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

4. Really nice stuff, Bernie........your peppermills are nice and the toothpick holders are neat!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

There's a lot of work in those Bernie. Santa's gonna need a beverage or two when the holiday rush is over. Beautiful work.

Beautiful work Bernie, someday I'll have to try to make some of those.

Those are some great looking turnings Bernie, well done.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Bernie you have been busy. Everything is very nice looking.

Thanks everyone. Ted I will be having some JD and coke tonight. Hopefully relaxing watch football. lol
    Bernie

Beautiful work on everything Bernie! Nice job on being able to turn matching sets of salt and pepper mills! I have a hard time turning a set of anything! Nice variety of woods! I am sure all your customers are very pleased with your work! Hope it leads to some more sales for you!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Gorgeous work, Bernie. Your customers will be thrilled!

Joe

Blog Entries
    Really nice looking pieces Bernie i'am sure they will be liked

Bernie, Your work is just wonderful. The cuts and lines are so crisp. You are quite a spindle turner and as far as I am concerned, that is a skill more difficult to achieve than bowl turning skills. The finish is also perfect. As far as workings go, have you tried the ceramic crush grind mechanisms yet. If so, how well do they work compared to the conventional mechanisms?
    faust

Beautiful work Bernie.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Great job on everything Bernie and congrats on all the orders! While they all look great, I think I'm partial to the cedar sets, I can smell the cedar just by looking at them!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.