Thread: CA And Micro Mesh

CA And Micro Mesh

Hello all,
    this is the semi weekly reminder of the CA Bulk Buy. I sent the third order for one week yesterday and the next one is filling up already. This program is really starting to perk so I am refraining from mentioning the long wait anymore as generally it is not all that long anymore. here is the link to place orders
    http://yourdonspens.com/CA_Glue_Page.html

I have also conducted a Bulk Buy for Micro Mesh. so any of you that use it and need it refreshed. or those that have considered trying it. this is a great chance to get it at lower cost.
    to try and keep it simple. I am getting 25 foot rools and selling off by the inch.
    the sheets are 6 inches wide and a set of all nine sheets cost 3.06 per inch.
    plus $2.00 for postage. so simply decide how many inches you want. multiply that by $3.06 and then ad $2.00 that is your final price including all the bells and whistles.
    E-mail me with your order.
    Daniel

micromesh

Clarification if you will. The $3.06 per inch covers an inch of all 9 grades? So 30.60+2.00 would get me nine 10" strips, one of each grade. A good deal if that is correct.

Mac
    Mac

Yep, that's correct, for $32.60 (including shipping) you would get 9-10"x6" strips. Got mine from the first round of the bulk buy, and after I get the rest of the honey-doo list done, I'll be able to start wearing it out!
    Rick

Mac you got it right in the first try. you win absolutily nothin but your pride gets a stroke.
    Daniel

Can somewone explain micro mesh to me. It is not somehting with which I am familiar. Thx.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Alan,
    Micro Mesh in a nut shell is the closest thing to an indestructable sandpaper that I have ever seen. (You can melt it with to much presure)
    I used the first set i had for over a year and sanded and polished over 200 pens with a 3X4 inch piece (9 pieces per set)
    it starts at 1500 mesh which is equivalent to 400 grit sandpaper. and goes up to 12000. that si not a typo. which does not have an equivalant in sandpaper.
    IF your curiosity is killing you, I recomend you get in for a 3X6 set for $11.18
    seems expensive but it actually is very cheap at this price.
    there is alot more to Micro Mesh but that gives you the gist of it.
    Daniel

Daniel,
    Is this useful for a flat stock guy? I turn but rarely, perhaps a knob or two or a ball foot. Don't think I have turned on my lathe in a year. Do you use it with a block? In finishing?
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop