Hello all, I am Mike from Southern New England. For a little intro I would say my WW skills are average, I have built mission style end tables and a sofa table, a cedar lined blanket chest (now being used to store pellets for the stove), bakers racks, among other things.

The wife has decreed that I get back into woodworking to build her some new furniture (sold everything I had 8 years ago when her friends wanted me to start building them things for money). I just purchased a SS contractors model yesterday with the 52" fence. I would have liked to go with the PCS but this one fit my budget and should handle at least 90% of the cutting I will need to do.

Anyhow, she told me she wants a headboard similar to this one:

She also wants wainscoting on the rest of the wall similar to the picture. So I am thinking about using a couple of 8-panel doors as the headboard and footboard. We have a split king bed so I need to add side rails to keep the mattresses from separating.

So I am looking at 8 panel doors similar to these for the headboard/footboard:

She wants the wainscoting white similar to the picture, but we are thinking about some kind of stained hardwood for the bed itself.

I am looking for a little help on the posts in the 4 corners, design of the side rails, also some help on the finishing details (i.e.: maybe crown molding at the top of the headboard, any kind of design for the post of just leave them squared off, etc).

Thanks all for the help, I really appreciate it.