Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Arts Program Art Show

National Arts Program Art Show

I entered the National Arts Program Art Show in Austin, TX this past week. Much to my surprise, I had ended up winning last year with a segmented mesquite vase. With 3 completely different judges and it being a mixed media show with approximately 95% paintings and photographs, I wasn't too confident for a repeat this year. I entered a segmented bloodwood vase and a segmented cherry vase. I did not think that the cherry was capable of winning, but I thought that the bloodwood at least had a shot. Also, a blue ribbon comes with a nice check just in time for Christmas. And the results were.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most excellent Robert!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Congrats Robert! Great looking vase and pictures!

4. Congratulations! That is so cool...........very nice work, and good to see that in some parts of the country what has been the illegitimate step child of the art world [wooden objects] get some recognition as true art!!! There is so much work that goes into something like you have done here, that a lot of folks do not realize the tedious, painstaking effort it takes to produce such a nice form ........

Good work Robert!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congratulations Robert! You have come a long way in your journey to be a skilled turner! Others notice it too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    good to see that in some parts of the country what has been the illegitimate step child of the art world [wooden objects] get some recognition as true art!!!
    Roger, If you look over my shoulder in the one photo, you can just about guess the ratio of paintings and photos to sculpture work. That is about a quarter of the room showing.

Congrats Robert! 2 very nice pieces!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Great!!!!!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

This is excellent news Robert! Congrats on your win and well deserved recognition! I am extremely happy for you!! Keep up the outstanding work!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Congrats! Nice work!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Congrats Robert. Well deserved.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's awesome! Congrats Robert.

Congratulations Robert - Very nice work and well deserved recognition. Can you tell us more about the National Arts Program?

Way to go Robert. Man, if some of your old compadres could see you now. Excellent work on both pieces too, IMO.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

They are both blue ribbon pieces to my eyes. Way to kick butt.
    Faust