Thread: Christmas Suggestions?

Christmas Suggestions?

We've begun our annual tradition of," What do you want for Christmas?", "I don't know, what do you want?" I aimed her at my desk with the Lie Nielson, Veritas, Rockler and Woodcraft catalog but that wasn't specific enough. I explained that anything from the first two would likely be a winner but she wasn't buying it. So . . .

What would you ask for? We tend not to budget a dollar value but most often stay under $500. I just built a workshop and am in the process of filling it up. My newest thing is a 12 x 24 midi lathe and I don't even have a gouge yet so I'm thinking lathe tools.

What to do, what to do?

Jim
    Growing older is mandatory.
    Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember; it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

2. Yep.........a lathe is not much good unless you have some gouges to cut the wood with!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Yep.........a lathe is not much good unless you have some gouges to cut the wood with!
    Or a sharpening setup to sharpen the tools, or a nice Oneway chuck,.....that oughta hit the $500 mark pretty easy.

A blank canvas and no budget cap... my favorite situation. Basic tools, sharpening setup, chuck(s), and pretty wood!!!
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

VB-36 with long bed!!!! (hmmm I wish!!!)

Definitely a sharpening system, a chuck and some turning tools.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Oneway Wolverine basic system at Hartville Tool for $89.99 with free shipping. Still have over $400 left for Thompson gouges.