I'm getting ready to build some upper cabinets for my shop. In order to clear my receptacles and a run of compressed air piping, it works out perfectly for them to be 36" tall and I'm planning to build them 15" deep. I've got 12' of continuous wall space that's been cleared out. I'll probably build 4 36" boxes to make them more manageable.

I'm thinking pretty standard cabinets with adjustable shelves and doors for part. Part will have adjustable shelves sized for Festool/Tanos Systainers for less-frequently used tools (the rest will stay a few steps from my bench.) That area I'm thinking no doors to minimize wasted space lost to faceframes, hinges, etc since obviously the Systainers are a uniform width and already enclosed.

I've got a decent amount of sappy cherry I'm thinking I'll use for faceframes and doors, at least the door frames. Not sure yet what I'll do for the door panels, whether to make solid doors if I have enough stock or use ply. Or maybe even use 1/4" melamine installed so its replaceable and make them dry-erase. Or maybe even polycarbonate panels.

Any other great ideas to consider before I start them?