Thread: No. 60 Bench - Cherry with Carbon Fiber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No. 60 Bench - Cherry with Carbon Fiber

Here's a bench that I completed last week. It's of my own design and combines a few ideas i have been tossing around in my head for some time.

My design was selected to be in a gallery exhibition put on by The Farnsworth Art Museum and The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship both located in coastal Maine. Once I received notification that the design was selected - next I had to build it. Over the past 2 months this has consumed my nights, weekends and any other spare time that was available. The show will run from January 18th until mid-April.

The wood is cherry and should darken significantly once it sees some more sunshine due to the oil based finish. The carbon fiber was great fun to work with as it was my first experience working in composites and I can see I'll definitely be doing more with it.

Please offer you critiques as I'd like to hear your thoughts about my design.

Thanks!
    NWB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"