Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest MS update causes problems with Type1 fonts

Hi Tim & Tony,

Thanks for the alert - it sure helped solve the grief I was experiencing!

I have WIN7 32bit and had to delete the update to cure the font problem. I wonder if it had a different affect on the 64 bit version.

Anyway, I'm seeing more and more problems with Microsoft "policing" the use of different software, files & music files. I still run some older/legacy programs & hardware and everytime Microsoft does certain "security" updates those items dissappear and have to be re-installed. TOO much planned/forced obsolescence goin' on!

Vicki

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with CoredDRAW X6 and was experiencing the missing fonts issue until I uninstalled the KB update. Default fonts (like Arial) didn't have an issue, but other fonts did. (When you used an affected font, it would not display)

If you didn't use any affected fonts, you most likely didn't see an issue. It isn't just constrained to CorelDRAW. Even Powerpoint 2010 has the issue if you use certain Type 1 fonts in presentation mode; they just disappear.
    Laser: Trotec Speedy 300-80 watts
    Software: Corel Draw X6, Windows 7 64-bit, Adobe Photoshop CS5
    __________________________________________________ ___

Please, call me Ron.

I pulled the update, even though I don't use a lot of type1.. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read it here..Like Tim, it's been nuts here too.. I've simply stopped accepting jobs that may require more time than usual, because I simply don't have the time to deal with them. Every one that calls with that "can you do it by Friday" question, I tell them I'm booked til the start of the new year providing we all survive the end of the world on Friday
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it