Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

17 Dec 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up this morning with the LOML being sick. Actually she was running a fever last night and I sent her to bed for some much needed rest. she's been cooking and cleaning day and night for thank you gifts to people at our church, our neighbors, and friends so we could deliver them before we start our holiday travels. We should be finished by tonight and rest some before the real push starts.

I'm finishing up a bowl for my neighbor's daughter who lost her other bowl when they lost their home in a tornado about a year ago. This has given me an excuse to get back in the shop...even though my time is very limited...but I can at least get this done. I didn't get around to making the cutting boards....maybe I can get them made after Christmas / New Years AND my last oncall duty of this year. I guess we will see how it all goes.

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all....and.....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to each of you and your families (a bit early )
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

This weekend, I took on my 2nd major woodworking project (I've built a set of bookshelves before): a workbench for my reloading gear. I used a resized version of the simple workbench plans from woodgear.ca, and plywood and 2x4s from the great orange box. So after spending seven hours on my front porch, I ended up with a table-like construction that I'm quite proud of. I'm still waiting for a stand to bolt my powder dispenser to, and I need to bolt the press to the table instead of the clamps, but I rather like how it turned out.

bench.jpg

I actually spent some time in the shop on Sunday...cleaning it up a bit. Getting to be time to start on a new kitchen table project and take care of a few small lingering needs. Outside of that, it was the normal equestrian activities on Saturday, including a lesson at "oh-dark-early".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Made a shuttle for a loom (prototype, we'll see how it works).
    Added some drawers under the lathe .. always need more storage.