Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Popcorn Bowl

Red Sox Popcorn Bowl

Thought I would turn a popcorn/party bowl for my nephew outof some wood from his grandparent’s property. The spalted maple I had wasn’t very pretty butsince he is a long time Sox fan, I tried to dress it up a bit.
    12-17-12 B Bowlr.jpg12-17-12 B Bowl Bottomr.jpg12-17-12 Red Profiler.jpg
    11 ¾ x 3 ½ x 3/8
    Burned, dyed, and finished with AO.
    Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

2. I saw this one in person last week.......folks, this is a fine piece of work that Baxter did. Mrs. DeMasi really liked it as well....I wondered for a bit if it would leave Virginia!

Nice work Baxter!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

.Baxter, very cool. Such a iconic symbol, it has to be perfect or it would have stuck out. You seemed to have pulled it off. I also like the form and wood as well.

That's cool even for a Yankees fan. Speaking of baseball, if you folks haven't seen the movie Moneyball don't miss it. It's a story that indirectly tells how Boston finally shook off the "Curse of the Bambino". Great plate, Bax. It's on TV.
    faust

I thought the "B" stood for Baxter.....my bad. Beautiful platter and the embellishments look very nice.
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

That is a beauty Baxter. Great popcorn bowl.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

The burning and coloring is perfect. And I mean that. And not just from pics. Held it in my hands. Not one crooked line. Not one bleeding color. That was even more stunning than in these pics. What you really don't see is the drool that accumulated in the bottom of the bowl from a number of the "fans" of this bowl at our meeting!
    I drink, therefore I am.

I like this bowl but I'm not a boston Red Sox fan or even really much of a baseball fan in general. So for me, the decorations are a distraction. I'd still eat popcorn out of it though...
    David DeCristoforo

I think you called it right Baxter , though you did give it a good shape , I don't know about the SOX though, he'll never be able to change to a better team now
    Have fun and take care

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    he'll never be able to change to a better team now
    Now that's funny!

Beautiful bowl Baxter! I really like the rim - very user friendly! I am sure he will love the gift! Nice work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I love the shape of the bowl. It's always one of my favorite shape. Great job with the artwork. Even though I'm a Twins fan, I can still appreciate the work that went into this! It turned out great!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Very nice Baxter! You're turning into quite the artist! I'm sure your nephew will love it
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Perfect. Sentimental wood, popcorn, baseball. I know he will treasure this.

I like the shape and obvious heft. Nothing worse than a popcorn bowl that won't take some rough handling.
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

the wood looks very nice to me..
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I was wondering if you were ever going to post this one Baxter. Very cool piece indeed especially since I am a SOX fan as well.
    Tony

"Soldier On"