Guys,

I've read all the posts on the DC systems and wanted the opinions of owners, especially of the Clear Vue unit. I know there have been a lot of comments but many of the relative threads I read were 3 or 4 years old and timing is a critical part of my question below.

I'll give you my thinking just so you know where I'm coming from.

I live at 6,000' above sea level, moving to 10,000' in a few years. This actually has an impact on this decision because it moved me from a V-3000 to a 3 HP Super Dust Gorilla as airflow is impacted. It seems to me that I will be safe with the CV1800 because of the 5 HP motor and 15" impeller.

I like the construction of the Oneida better but it is $300 more and on a 4-5 week back order and I'd prefer not to wait for a system as I have the time to install it now or in a few weeks.

My concern with the CV is the DIY aspect and the overall durability. The DIY part scares me, not because of the assembly, but I'm concerned I could mess up the balance of the impeller or some other critical component. I'm also concerned about longevity. I'm to the point where when I do buy tools for the shop, I want that tool to be the last one of those types I ever buy. I will pay for quality and longevity if I feel it's worth it.

So my question to CV owners out there is... How's the longevity of your units? Are you comfortable your unit will last you 10, 20 or more years? I don't have this concern about Oneida just because of the nature of the construction and quality of the parts. But I don't want to waste the $300 that could go towards my ductwork either.

Any comments either way are appreciated.