Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KNIFE BLOCK (round/cylindrical of course)

I really like that. I have some scrap walnut, holly and aplated maple down stairs in the shop that might have a use now. How did you join the top to the base? The picture looks like some sort of hook. Also, does the base of the cylander come off for cleaning? Are the slots in the base that look to be for small knifes, just button on top of long, deep holes or is there some segmenting in there as well. Thanks for sharing, and I may well be working on my own design take on it very soon. Thanks again.

Smile Knife block update

Here are some photos with knives in the block. This may help as far as scale is concerned. Approximate dimensions of the cylinder are 5"x14" including the end cap. I configured the different slots,sizes and placement based on the quantities and type of knives we have in our knife block. I then added the three small slots in the base for smaller knives. One thought i had was to add a clock or timer to the base. Just a thought for anyone who has a knife block on their to do list. Thank you all again for the wonderful comments.....definitely made my day! Merry Christmas and Happy Days to all the Creekers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW - just a stunning design! Beautiful work Thomas! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Wow that is pretty and a Great Idea!

Thanks for sharing.
    GK

That is one great looking piece. I especially like the base to it!

Very creative great design
    Grandpa always told me. "A good woodworker is not one that makes no mistakes. A good woodworker is one who knows how to cover up his mistakes."

Dan,
    the base is fastened up through to the block, with two wood screws. The small box elder burl pcs. Are about 3/4" deep and are recessed into holes in the base. I drilled a small hole in each and the cut the slots on a scroll saw. I'll post pics of the base ASAP.