Thread: Christmas for Kids

Christmas for Kids

Mark Walden tried to post this, but having problems, asked me to try so here goes.

Here are some pictures of projects that my friend Bob Svoboda and I made for the local Christmas for kids donation. The Jeep is from Wood Mag. and is made from MDF painted
    John Deere green. Bob who is a turner and a fellow Creeker turned the steering wheel with Purpleheart horn and the Baby Moons. All of the Oak parts were painted 1/4 in MDF on the original, but we didn't have all the right colors so we just made just made them out of Oak. The dimensions of the Jeep 36inL X 18.5inW X 10inH the rockers are 2.5H X 44inL made from Rubber wood.
    We were a little worried about who was going to get when dropped it off at the Christmas for Kids place. We wanted to make sure someone got it that would deserve it, last year we found one of our doll cradles that we made and donated for sale on the local web site right after Christmas. After dropping off the Jeep and 2 cradles, we went back with some more cradles that our wood guild built and the people in charge asked us about auctioning it off and using that money to buy more present for the kids than just the one. Well that worked for us we thought it would get a better home that way. Thanks for looking.
    Mark WaldenJeep4-1.jpgJeep2-1.jpgJeep1-1.jpgJeep3-1.jpg

I love the Jeep!

That jeep is totally amazing!