Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 44th Wedding Anniversary..............

Our 44th Wedding Anniversary..............

Yesterday one of our adult granddaughters arrived with her 6 year old daughter and her 22 month old daughter to spend Christmas with us.

Today Sharon and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary with them.

I met her on a blind date....3 days later on our 4th date I asked her to marry me. She was a young blond divorce with 2 kids from her former marriage. 9 days later I signed over my checking and savings accounts when I left for the US Navy boot camp. 2 days after I got home from boot camp we were married. A couple years later I adopted those 2 kids and we had 1 more.....

She puts the bright colors in my life.......she makes me smile........she makes me look down and shake my head......she is mother to our 3 kids......grandmother to our 8 grandkids....great-grandmother to our 6 great-grandkids....she is my lover......my best friend.......she is my worst critic........she's gives me reason to want life to last forever......she makes me smile........

I don't know what I did to deserve her........I won't ask.....I will just be forever grateful she is in my life.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Congratulations to both of you! It is a blessing when you find the “right” person to share your life with.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That's beautiful Ken. Nicest thing I've read in a while. Congratulations!

Todd

Congratulations on your anniversary, Ken. May you have many, many more years.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

A very happy anniversary and a Merry Christmas to both you and Sharon. May the two of you enjoy a coming year less hectic than this one has been.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    .....She puts the bright colors in my life.......she makes me smile........she makes me look down and shake my head......she is mother to our 3 kids......grandmother to our 8 grandkids....great-grandmother to our 6 great-grandkids....she is my lover......my best friend.......she is my worst critic........she's gives me reason to want life to last forever......she makes me smile.............I will just be forever grateful she is in my life.....
    Soooo...Ken, After all these years, do ya still love her?? Congratulations and many happy returns.

I can't improve upon what Todd expressed . . .so, DITTO that!

You are a lucky man, and she a lucky woman to have someone so appreciative . . . . and whipped! It is what life is supposed to be. Blessings to your entire family as you spread the love and good vibes. Merry Christmas, Patrick

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    That's beautiful Ken. Nicest thing I've read in a while. Congratulations!

Todd
    Agreed, A privilege to read that Ken. Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

PHM

Congrats and Happy Anniversary Ken & Sharon! Merry Christmas and the very Best of New Years to you and your family!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Ken, thanks for sharing your story; you have truly been blessed!

Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more.

Scott

Wow, Ken, that's a lot. Congratulations! You have us beat by 6 years. I hope you have many more of them in the future.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

you must be married to a saint if she stay with you this long , may the two of you have many more years together

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! It couldn't happen to a better couple.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Congratulations Ken and Sharon! May you have many more happy years together!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Congrats Ken, that is a major achievement.
    Lori K