Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to make a water powered venturi to....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    ....Never had any idea the water in the aquariums needed to be exchanged.
    Yep. Fish in an aquarium are basically living in their toilet. Imagine how often you'd want the water changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hatcher View Post
    Did you notice what they show as the list price? $4,320?
    You Save: $4,295.91 (99%)
    How can you pass up a deal like that?
    Not to mention you save over SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS if you need the 50' hose....

Funny, I never caught that.

While we are on fish tank topic, I have the standard Aqueon filter that came with my tank with the Aqueon pump/filter thingy..

I buy their standard filter but is there something better? It's a 26 gallon tank with 11 fish in it. I change 1x month the filter and do about 40-50% water change 1x a month. It stays crystal clear for about 3 weeks. I only add in the good bacteria and chlorine stuff at water change. About the 3rd week, I put in a touch of water clarify stuff and it crystal clear for another few weeks. I've had the same fish since start, about 4 months now. Feed 1x a time, 2-3min feeding time.

Wonder if there are good-better-best filters that fit in my Aqueon tank.

We really enjoy it.

My wife has a similar one to the Aqueon. Called the Python, it is actually a venturi setup. You hook it up to your sink or a hose works fine too and it siphons out water from the tank nice and fast and then you reverse a valve to refill from the same sink/hose connection. Pretty slick really and has held up well for well over a year and works like a charm. And she used to work in the fish department of a big pet store and used one just like it for years there.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shank; 12-30-2012 at 3:26 PM. Reason: adding, then correcting typing, cause ya know, I can't type.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Peter, check out the Fluval 106 or 206 for your aquarium. I run two Fulval 406’s in my tank. The Fulval is the best multistage filter that I have used, and I have used most of them over the last 40 years.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Dennis, I hear what you are saying but I would still buy the Python. Not Lee's, but actual Python brand. The reason is the type of tubing they supply and also the actual drain/fill valve. I was in the tropical fish industry for 15+ years and have changed literally millions of gallons of water. Python was the only one which actually held up and every fish wholesaler I knew was the same way. Whatever material they use, the tubing still remains flexible and will never kink and the valve, though it is plastic and seems cheap, is actually very durable.

Honestly, this is one of those things where "no", I have never found anything equal to it. The Python I use today, has been with me for 10+ years and I probably change 100 gallons a week out of our current tank with it...

Hope this helps,

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA