Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pictures of Our completed Kitchen

mike, that looks like a professional job. how long did it take to do all those doors and drawer fronts? did you have a drum sander? really impressed that you made all those cuts with the track saw!

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    mike, that looks like a professional job. how long did it take to do all those doors and drawer fronts? did you have a drum sander? really impressed that you made all those cuts with the track saw!
    I made the doors in batches of about 10 doors at a time. I built a simple drying rack and it was very useful to store the door parts on prior to assembly. I would guess it took me about 2 weeks to make a batch of doors (since I have a day job). I do have a drum sander and used it a bit but really have never loved that tool. I mostly used my Festool sanders (love them) for flattening the panel glue ups.

I used the track & saw to size up my rough sawn stock for rails/stiles. I cut the stock for the panels with the track saw but about the only cuts I did on my Uni were the thin rails/stiles. But, since I did the kitchen I have been playing around with a new parallel cutting tool that Eurekazone calls the Universal Edge Guide (UEG). It has better control for these thin rip cuts. I was playing with it and I can get unbelievable repeatable rips (I was making 1/8" cuts). The challenge is I need to work on a better/easier material support system.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Goetzke; 01-01-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Really outstanding project!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...