Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meeting Mister Keeton

Both Jerry and John are very generous people. Jerry visited my shop and gave me wonderful chunks of wood that I still need to play with along with one of his famous chuck plate that works very well. I am glad it was a fun visit.

Alan

I met John last year at the OVWG symposium. He was a super nice guy. Helped me spend my money on a monster hollowing system . Thanks John . It works great and I love it. Hope to see him in ohio again this October.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Marcantel View Post
    John K, you didn't post that chuck plate I gave you, or did you slip it back into my boxes of show n tell? Jerry (in Tucson)
    Jerry, that chuck plate is a prized possession, so NO, I didn't slip it back into your boxes!!! I didn't post it as I wasn't sure it was meant to be public knowledge, but since you let the cat out of the bag - here it is! An excellent piece of design and workmanship, I might add. The pointed screws are set screws and easily adjustable. A lot of you are familiar with Jerry's wood version of the chuck plate for chucking irregular pieces, and this is the Cadillac version. Many thanks, Jerry!
    MARCANTEL CHUCK PLATE 1.jpg MARCANTEL CHUCK PLATE 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John M. Smith View Post
    I met John last year at the OVWG symposium. He was a super nice guy. Helped me spend my money on a monster hollowing system . Thanks John . It works great and I love it. Hope to see him in Ohio again this October.
    John, my plans are to attend. There is even talk of a Keeton/Schlumpf team appearance!! We need to wait and see whether Steve's wife can schedule some time, but my hope is they will come to KY for a few days during which the ladies can do lady stuff and Steve and I can head to OVWG.

4. Man.......what a nice chuck plate! I am wanting one of those! I guess I will have to make a wooden one, unless I could persuade a certain Arizonan to consider making one for me...........How much????

Wonderful work Jerry.......congrats JK!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Man.......what a nice chuck plate! I am wanting one of those! I guess I will have to make a wooden one, unless I could persuade a certain Arizonan to consider making one for me...........How much????

Wonderful work Jerry.......congrats JK!
    X2, that looks like an awesome chuck.
    Dislocated New Mexican.
    Critiques always welcome.

Glad the two of you had a great visit!

7. Jerry.......PM sent!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!