Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenox Resaw Blade Options

Hi Kevin,

I use a 1" 2-3TPI trimaster for resawing. If you search for my older posts I've discussed my setup and results at length.

2-3 varitooth is first choice. A straight 3 tooth is second. Dave

I should specify I'm running a blade at 6700 fpm which makes a difference.

Lenox blade choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nathanson View Post
    I'd be interested to know which Trimaster tooth configuration you guys who have them are using? I had a catastrophic, completely moronic user-induced failure of my Woodmaster CT last week. Tried too hard to cut a curve and the tracking was off as well. It's amazing how much noise an Agazzani 24" bandsaw can make when it first folds and then snaps a 1" Woodmaster into four pieces. I won't be doing that again.

Anyway, I'm thinking of replacing that blade with a Trimaster, but I'm not sure which tooth pattern would work best for resawing. If it makes anyone feel better, I need one at 181". Don't you just love expensive learning experiences?

K
    I have a Trimaster and 2 each Resaw King blades. The Tri M gives you the better
    cut.

I have a 1" wide/ 3 tpi on a 20" delta. Very happy.

Dan O'Sullivan in Durham NC
    Give me a call if you need to talk

We've been using Lenox 2/3t bimetal blades for some time with fairly good results on a 24" Aggazani saw. They stay on for months of intermittent resawing of mostly domestic hardwoods, pine and mahogany in a 4 man shop. I would like to see a smoother cut, but the aftermarket guides on the saw leave something to be desired so that is probably a factor. We recently got a Woodmaster CT 1.3t blade but have yet to use it. The bimetal blades run about $80, the CT about twice that. I expect the CT should prove a better value if we can keep the weekend warriors from running it through a nail or gravel.

From what I have read, the CT blades cannot be resharpened (they have very small teeth), theResaw Kings can be resharpened by Laguna, and some people seem to have found a service to resharpen the Trimaster.

I went from a Tri-Master 1" x 2-3 Tpi to a Woodmaster 1.3 tpi ..

No regrets at all.. I will order another Woodmaster CT when this one dies. It will however be a few years..

It has been a while since I've had contact but these guys used to have a room full of band saw sharpening machines:

http://www.bbsaw.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    I went from a Tri-Master 1" x 2-3 Tpi to a Woodmaster 1.3 tpi ..

No regrets at all.. I will order another Woodmaster CT when this one dies. It will however be a few years..
    I feel like the Tri-Master might give a better finish cut in some circumstances but for the price difference, the Woodmaster CT seems to be a lot more blade for the dollar.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

8. It is possible to resharpen the Woodmaster CT.