Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got me a Speedy 400.

I got me a Speedy 400.

So after a lot, and I mean a lot of research trying to find a machine that would suit our needs, we finally settled for a Trotec Speedy 400.

We considered Chinese machines direct, Chinese machines from UK resellers, Chinese machines stripped down and rebuilt in the UK and all the main stream players. We were very close to getting a Chinese machine from a UK seller, but after seeing the Speedy 400, we were blown away. Is it worth the extra cost - we don't know but we will find out soon enough.

So we got;

80w CO2
    Atmos Hepa Filtration system
    New Job Control software
    1.5" lens
    2.0" lens
    Vacuum honeycomb table
    Cutting lamellas (both aluminium and acrylic)
    Pass through doors
    Air assist/red dot
    Rotary attachment

There is a 3 month waiting list, but the lovely folks at Trotec are looking at lending me a s300 until the 400 arrives. Cannot wait....let the fun and games begin!
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Nice! We want details, pictures and tell us all about it when you get it! I'm looking at one of those, too. Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Jit,
    I am sure you will be pleased with the 400. Why did you go with 80 watts instead of 100 or 120? Just curious. Looking forward to seeing what you are able to with this one and what your findings are comparing the 400 to the Galvo. I know they are different systems but still would like to hear what you like and I know this is stretching it a bit but possibly dislike also between them.
    Thanks and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Jit

Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to love it. That's a bit too big for my needs but I've had a few occasions when it would have come in handy.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Congratulations Jit, that thing is a monster of a machine.

You said "We were very close to getting a Chinese machine from a UK seller, but after seeing the Speedy 400, we were blown away."

What is it that blew you away?

p.s. Welcome to the Trotec family New guy has to bring doughnuts every Monday, just so you know.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Congrats, Jit! You are getting quite the arsenal there... there won't be anything you can't do soon!

Have fun, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Jit,

Congratulations on your new Trotec. The 400 is a real beauty, hope to hear all about your machine when it arrives.

Thanks guys and gals. We have so many ideas which have been stockpiled over the years due to the limitations of the galvo.

Michael: 100-120w would be more that we need for a general purpose machine. We would need it to cut paper/card, wood and acrylic. Also need it to engrave with superior detail so the 80w was the best fit as an all rounder. Baby steps.....the next machine will be a bigger and badder'. We did some comparison test with files I cut with the galvo. With some simpler ones, the flat bed is comparable. Similar times. But on some of the more complex designs, the galvo takes 3-4 minutes with the 400 taking up to 14-18 minutes. Once I get my 100+w galvo, there will be no comparison. But we got the s400 not for speed, but for detail and versatility.

Mike: The only reason we went with the 400 as opposed to the 300 is it fits a standard sheet of A1 card which we outsource all the time and spend a fortune doing, so bringing it in house would save a nice chunk of change.

Scott: The 400 was much faster than the Chinese when engraving....the build quality is great, the software a doddle to use and there is no mechanical tinkering required. I know my machine inside out, but am new to carriage systems, so thought I would spend the extra this time around for the first round to learn the ropes and have my hand held. I am no engineer so I need it. Also, with regards to the doughnuts, I think you will find I was already part of the Trotec family....so I think you should treat me for my loyalty...and for being a nice guy! Can PM you my address, but may cost you a bit on shipping!

Thanks Dee and Keith, cannot wait to share pics once I am set up and running. Just moved to a new studio, but need more space already!
    Last edited by Jiten Patel; 01-09-2013 at 4:16 AM.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Congratulations Jit, we too look forward to seeing your pictures. Really pleased for you, regards, John

Blog Entries
    Jit,

Trade ya my ULS for your Speedmarker
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Congratulations Jit. Can't wait to see what you cook up with the new machine!
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

That 3 month wait sucks, but it's very cool that they are going to let you use a 300! Nice move Trotec
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

Jit, you got me on that one PM the address and I'll send you a gallon of ice cream.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Here you go Scott. This may help you with your ice cream obligation.

http://www.connoser.co.uk/shop/categ...illa-ice-cream
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Congratulations Jit,
    Hope you did not forget to ask for the SMC discount.

Kim