Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleaching Hard Maple

FWIW, any of the Poplar I have used (usually sourced from Pennsylvania) seems to yellow considerably when A & B beach touches it..

Well, I'm probably going to start learning how to do that today so we'll see what happens. If it doesn't work I guess I'll be looking for another option.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

It's not complicated - wood bleach. Hard maple holds detail and withstands knocking about, it's not difficult to machine with sharp tools and good technique. Stay the course.

Maybe, but I'm pretty much committed to the poplar this time around.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon pettit View Post
    ...this second step may take more than 1 application ok?
    Does this mean I will have to apply both A and B again or only B?

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Poplar has a similar grain but is about as soft as pine, really easy to work with, and could be bleached white.

John
    This may be true but I sure can't do it. Switching back to maple tomorrow. There's starting to be a chance that I'm going to run out of time. Yeesh.