Thread: problems lasering photo on laser sketch absolute black

problems lasering photo on laser sketch absolute black

its been a while since i have lasered a photo on marble. I have an epilog mini 24, 40W. I used 40 power and 100 Speed. Looking at the photo straight it looks almost like a negative. If you tilt it a little it looks great. Can any one help. I only have 2 more left and one of them has to turn out.
    Brian Fithian
    Powerline Tags llc
    Epilog Mini 24 40W
    Corel Draw X5

If it's looking like a negative straight on then you definitely have the wrong polarity. You confirm it when you say that you tilt it the picture is right, that's because with the tilt and light you seeing correctly.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

As an added point. If the image has been processed through photograv and you have selected black marble it will automatically save the file as a negative for printing with the laser. An area to check is when you press print in Corel, go to the tab marked 'prepress' if the INVERT is selected there this might be what is resetting the image (see the attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (82.8 KB, 24 views)

I am using engravelab photolaser plus. So i dont print it through corel
    Brian Fithian
    Powerline Tags llc
    Epilog Mini 24 40W
    Corel Draw X5

photos must be a negative image to be etched onto anything black, also remember that laser sketch 'marble' is actually granite, and only requires a fraction of the power you would use on real marble
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by brian fithian View Post
    I am using engravelab photolaser plus. So i dont print it through corel

Well in view of no picture to look at and only what you have mentioned. Your image is in the wrong polarity.