Thread: Creeker Visit

Creeker Visit

Well one of are newer Creekers Tom Prusak came to my shop today and had a great time. After an emergency to start his day he got here about 2:30 and we just talked turning and tools for the next almost 4hrs. I gave him a chunk of Tulip wood and a 3ft piece of paper bark birch. He's coming back in a couple weeks for a longer and more informative visit. I'm going to run him through a bowl turning class to get him started. We forgot a picture so he came back in the house and we took this shot,he even know the no picture never happened rule.me& tom.jpgCan't wait for him to come back I had a really good time.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Harry,

I am almost a neighbor, I live in Streetsboro. What WW are you into? It sounds like you are into turning, that is something I enjoyed doing in high school. I do not have a lathe but have most of the usual stationary tools.

George

I turn. I don't do hardly any flat work anymore except for the LOML .

Sounds like a great visit. Creeker visits are always the best.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice story. That smile says it all! Creekers be good folk.
    Dick Mahany.

Looks like you both had a good time! Creeker visits are the best!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

It was a very good time and Tom's coming back for another round. It's nice to actually set down and talk to the people that you normally only get to type a couple lines to. Tom was here for almost 4hrs and it seemed like maybe an hour, time fly's when your turning for fun.

Sounds like a good time. Don't forget pictures of the bowl turning next time.

Harry, sounds like you two had a great time! Glad to hear it, and thanks for sharing. I did make an observation, though... Are you wearing the same shirt, pants, and belt as in your avatar?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike
    My wife calls it my retirement uniform, I wear jeans and gray T shirts with a pocket all the time. I found that gray T shirts don't show wood chips and dust very badly. So same thing just different ones. I guess after 20yrs of military uniforms has me in rut.

You have to admit, Harry, it is a bit funny.

But I'd be the pot calling the kettle black if I had never been at a party and someone pulls out the pack of pictures of the last time we got together...and there I am in the same shirt, tie, whatever. Thing is, I don't wear suits and ties and slacks and jackets anymore...except for holidays, weddings, and funnerals. And I'm not fond of dressing up. While my dress up wardrobe isn't TOO limited, I have my favorites...and those are the ones that get worn the most. It just causes incidents for a good laugh on occasion.
    I drink, therefore I am.