Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: HD 10% Off Weekend - Ridgid Miter Stand -$99

Off Topic For Haulin Ash

Hi,

Did a quick graphic for a guy I used to hodrod with. Changed the name and thought you might want it for grins.

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly C. Hanna
    Call me a nut but I don't think of the MSUV as a good mounting place for a planer. I think a mobile cabinet is a better choice for that operation.
    You're a nut!! But in a nice way .
    Kelly for a poor slob with space problems, it works real good for me. On the occassion that I would haul it to a site it will work too. Especially on rough ground.
    I admit it is creaping up on the weight limitations of the MSUV and that should be concidered. All precautions taken.
    It also solve the in/out feed problem.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 03-20-2006 at 8:50 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kay
    Hi,

Did a quick graphic for a guy I used to hodrod with. Changed the name and thought you might want it for grins.

Enjoy
    That's pretty cool Bill, can you make one with a 69 Chevelle SS (like mine)?

Priceless

I went by HD today to pick some stuff for some honey-dos and recalled this tread. Decided to check out the stand in the tool crib. There was a guy there talking to his wife about it. I started looking at it too. Then another guy came by and started looking at it. We're all talking and manipulating the various features on the thing, and the guy's wife is looking at us like we're nuts. We wound up buying the last 3 they had - including the display model.

The guy's wife asks him as they're checking out, "Did you call them ahead of time to set this up, just so you could get it?"

Nice miter saw stand - $99. Hearing someone else's wife say something like that - priceless.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Got Another One!!

I would have never realized how popular these stands are when I started this thread and am glad everyone took advantage of a great deal. I recently bought another one to be used with my planer. I guess one can never have enough of a good thing.

To appease Tyler, here's my stand with my 12" DeWalt MS on it. Had to buy slightly longer bolts and drill some holes, but otherwise it went well.

Tomorrow I'm going to make some sawdust with the setup!

Deja moo -- the feeling you've heard this bull before

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Deschler
    I would have never realized how popular these stands are when I started this thread and am glad everyone took advantage of a great deal. I recently bought another one to be used with my planer. I guess one can never have enough of a good thing.
    Which planner and do you have it mounted yet?
    I have a stand that I took my bosch off right before these things price went down. I payed $149 and was asking $95. Needless to say I still have stand and was wondering about putting planner on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Deschler
    FWIW, HD is having a 10% coupon off weekend. Ask any department clerk for a coupon.

A real bargin is the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle. It is a fold up stand with big wheels and has extensions with rollers and saw stops. It was a great value at $149 but they are blowing them out for $99 which makes it a great deal, even less with their 10% off coupon and also if you charge it on your Discover card, there is another 5% if you've signed up for the Discover deal. At $85 the stand is a flaming steal. My old MS stand now becomes a mobile planer stand.
    I have a MSUV and paid the $99 for it 3 weeks ago. It is great.

Another use for it would be to mount a "lunchbox planer". If I hadn't build a planer stand last year, I'd by a second one for this application,

Chet

Exclamation

Watch the Weight folks!!!
    Make sure your tools don't exeed the limits of the MSUV.
    Also make sure it locks in solid, in the up or down position.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

[quote=Tyler Howell]Watch the Weight folks!!!
    Make sure your tools don't exeed the limits of the MSUV.
    Also make sure it locks in solid, in the up or down position. [/quote

Good Point and well made.

Currently I have a Makita 1013 on my old MSUV and its weight is approximately 47# and I am planning to put my Delta lunch box planer on the new stand I bought this weekend. Its weight according to Delta is 62#. I think it should work ok, the MSUV is built like a tank, we'll find out real soon. I don't expect to fold up the stand with the planer like I do with the Makita, just be able to move it around the shop more easily.

I couldn't find anywhere that listed a weight limit. My bosch weights 62 lbs. The dewalt planner is 84 lbs. I plan to bolt that puppy down and fold it to store.

Well I got my MSUV too just for use with my planer.

I plan bolting down a piece of MDF to the top of the MSUV on routing out slots in it & installing T-track & using it to clamp the planer or any other tool I want to use with the MSUV down. This will make it much more versatile. None of the tools will stay on the MSUV because of the smallness of my shop. All my tools have their own storage space.

My DC sets just inside of the door & since my shop is small I plan to use the MSUV to be able to set my planer up outside when ever possible with a hose to the DC so it doesn't take up space in the shop when in use.

Oh Tyler here is a picture of my MSUV.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 03-20-2006 at 11:17 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

The DW 735 runs about 100lbs. The MSUV handles it well. More than once when lifting into battle ready position it didn't "lock-in".
    I can just hear the creeker wheels grinding as this thread grows. What new toyl will show up on a The Rigid
    I want everybody thinking ahead while they're thinking outside the box.
    The MSUV can take it, (With in reason)

Nice one Bart. Seal of approval.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 03-21-2006 at 4:21 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

I have dewalt 734--so I got no problem.