Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Used To Love Me

Nice piece, I appreciate your insight on this one.

Michelle, have you been working with some volitile solvents? Please check your ventilation system. Thanks.

Nice piece. I think that this is one of my favorites that you have posted. I really like this one alot.
    Deane
    Originality is the art of concealing your source.
    Franklin P. Jones
    Comments & criticism on postings welcomed.

Michelle, I'm new to this forum and I'm blown away by your work. It's awesome! I think my favorite may be your avatar. I can't figure out if it's a spiral platter or if it's a segmented bowl or a vessel or something else. Do you have a bigger photo of it posted somewhere?

Hi,Roger.glad you like my avatar. I have dragged up the picture & inserted it here. This was make a couple years ago and is entitled: Escargots go a'courtin'. I worked very hard (about 18 months) to do something no one had ever done on a lathe before, and this is one of the results. I have quite a few designs that I developed over the years since.( I have many designs that even I cannot make-yet!) If you would like to see them all, go to Lumberjocks and look up Michelletwo. Just about anything (good or bad) I have made is in there.
    thanks for your comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

WOW! Not at all what I expected when I asked about the avatar. Assumed the empty spaces in the picture were contrasting wood. This is amazing. If I thought about doing something like this I would assume it was impossible and not bother to give it a shot. The gallery blew me away, too. You inspire! Thanks for sharing.