Thread: Where can I purchase closet system hardware?

Where can I purchase closet system hardware?

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll try here. My daughter just bought a house. The previous owner was male and had closet systems installed. Since he did not wear dresses he had no need for an area to hang long items. The daughter wants me to modify the system so that her dresses won't drag on the floor. To do this I will need some extra hardware components most specifically the bracket that is used to hang the dividers to the hanging rail. I have done a search for closet system parts with no luck. There sure are a lot of vendors for complete systems but I can't find parts. Does anyone know how I can identify the manufacturer and/or buy the hardware?

Thanks
    Gordon

I'd check the local big box stores (Lowes, Menards, etc.) and see if anything looks familiar.

Otherwise post some pictures and hope someone recognizes it.

Not sure if the closet hanging system is the same as wall cabinet system but I think they are, I use the "Camar" brand sold by "True 32" on the web. The problem is they only sell in bulk (100 pcs.), on the hanging clips. You might be able to get some parts from Ikea, I think they use a similar hanging system.
    If you live near S.E. Pa I'll help you with the pcs. you need.
    David

OrganizeIt.com sells some as does wwhardware.com.

I suspect there are numerous brands, and probably not 100% compatible.

Gordon
    I use Woodworker's Hardware do not know if they will have just right item, but there catalog is about 1" thick. wwhardware.com Tom

When my parents bought their new house, my mom was looking at hiring one of those closet organizer builders (I was working too much and dad was too slow for her). So it may be custom. I took her to Lowe's and showed her the Rubbermaid and Closetmaid ones I knew they carried (think there was another brand as well), and then she wanted to stop at a damaged freight store. We found they had received a pallet of them and picked up two and she had me install them.
    There are lots of different brands, as well as different styles, from wood cabinets (solid lumber if custom built, to plywood/particle board, etc.) to wire frames.