Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Nova 2

You have to call them.
    They were very nice on the phone, but to be honest, I did not feel that they knew too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Blair View Post
    Well, as I said earlier. I did return the chuck and had no trouble with getting a replacement but a week has gone by and still not response from Technatool!
    I guess customer support isn't at the top of their priority list!

I don't have a direct threaded chuck but if memory serves me right, where it is threaded, that is part of the main casting,so the set screw hole can't be changed in relation to the cut out on the rim of the chuck body. Before I returned it, I would put the allen head set screw in the hole and use a ball end hex key for tightening and see how it works on the lathe.
    Last edited by Don McLeod; 01-28-2013 at 7:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Blair View Post
    Hey Mark. Thanks for the 'head's up". Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
    The Oneway and the other Nova with an adaptor work just fine but I do have some concerns about this happening to me as well even with the small leather washer.
    Yeah. I can't use the screw on my SN2s because it would tighten directly onto the back threads on my Jet 1642 (though I don't use the screw anyway). It does not get back far enough to reach the flat on the spindle behind the threads, and I am cretainly not going to sacrifice a thread on this spindle (which is already a bit short for my preference).