Thread: Update on Delta Parts Delays

Update on Delta Parts Delays

I thought I'd post this update in case anyone else is waiting like I am.

I ordered a 14" X5 bandsaw part from Delta in mid-November. I think there was a notice saying there would be some delays when I ordered. After a few emails to customer support and a post on their Facebook page asking when the part would ship, I received an email yesterday stating:

As a result of the recent sale of Delta, the new company (Delta Power Equipment Corp) was in the process of relocating their physical inventory of parts. This transition caused a delay in shipments. Relocation was completed on Friday, Dec 14, 2012. They are working diligently to get caught up to current orders. However, they are currently approximately two months behind. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time.

A two month delay from moving a warehouse doesn't reflect well for management of the new company, especially since the sale was announced two years ago. Further, even with the delay a mid-November order should be ready to ship by mid-January. It appears they mean a four month delay.

You're doing better than I did. I ordered a repair part for a drill press that Delta was still selling. They accepted the order, then back-ordered it, then kept moving the expected ship date, then after five months just cancelled the order. No explanation, no apologies, just cancelled it.