Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is this OUR George Wilson??? Great luthier video!

I had plenty of speed and was not awkward,but never was interested in sports much. I guess I liked baseball a little as everyone at least has a chance to get the ball,as opposed to football.

Well I'll be. All this time I thought I was just a dullard when it came to artistic design, now I have an excuse! I'm a righty! I'll have to start practicing sawing left handed, see if it wakes up the other half of my brain.

Adam, you aren't far off with crosstraining. There's an interesting book called "How to Think Like Leondardo Da Vinci". Amongst other things (no, not THOSE things), it mentions using your off-hand for daily tasks, such as brushing your teeth or eating. Apparently its supposed to spur creativity for both lefties and righties.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Jimi Hendrix did all right with this didn't he?

He used a right handed Fender with the strings reversed,I think,though I'm not a rock fan at all. Setting fire to the guitar with lighter fluid is not recommended!! Neither is kicking in your speakers,slamming guitars on the floor,etc!!!

As a devout lefty (not much choice in that matter), I've spent a lot of time working on ways to adapt typical (righty) neander tools to my own use. I'm pleased to know that this effort is in support of my tremendous creativity! Truth be told, I spent some time today rough planing a panel and switched grips to plane lefty or righty, depending on access limitations. (I don't have a real workbench <yet>, and work as I can with clamps and planing stops.) Perhaps I should further investigate!

Back to the OP, George, I'm impressed (as always) and inspired. I hope to do something as well as you did back when you were...what was it, 33?

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

I have been up almost twenty four hours, dead tired in a hotel room.... browsing the internet to wind down... and I saw this thread. I had to watch every part of this. Truly great stuff....