Thread: Grizzly G0440 Cyclone measurements.

Grizzly G0440 Cyclone measurements.

I consider to buy Grizzly G0440 Cyclone, but I need to know if it will fit in my shop. Could somebody check some measurements on this DC?
    H1
    H2
    W
    g0440_det5.jpg
    blower-rail-clearance.jpg

Blog Entries
    Your second picture is of my unit. The reason the mounting blocks are so thick is that I put the filter and the intake on the same side to save space. This required the unit to be an additional couple inches away from the wall to clear the filter cage. I can tell you that the distance between the wall and the garage door rail in that photo is very close to 24". Your H1 measurement can vary by several inches depending on how long you want the hose between cone and bin. It will need to have at least 3 or 4 inched of unrestricted hose to allow you to lift the lid to slide the bin out from under.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glenn,

thank you for the info. Hope you do not mind that I used you picture, I was searching for something which could illustrate the situation.
    Well, I am going to install the DC in the same location like you. In my case clearance between wall and garage door rail is 22" and from the floor till the rails is 86". I want to be sure that blower assembly will fit under the rail and motor can protrude higher and sit between wall and rail. I plan to mount the cyclone right on the wall without thick mounting block.

Yuri, you might reconsider eliminating the blocks. I bolted 2 boards to the wall, and ran bolts through the boards, with rubber pads to bolt the board with the cyclone attached to. The idea was to keep the cyclone from sending the noise through into the shop. My cyclone is outside, and most of the noise is kept outside the shop. You can hear the air moving through the pipes, but the howl of the cyclone is outside. I found pics and discussion on this forum about this method when researching the install of my cyclone system.