Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going Bionic

I hope everything goes smoothly and that you heal quickly! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc While they're in there, maybe they could add some cool wood-turning enhancements--like a retractable tool rest that comes out your belly button.

good luck, one good luck are too short so another good luck

Good luck from a fellow bionic man. Knee for me. Physical therapy is very important to the recovery time. It's not fun but just do it. You will be glad you did.

Hope all goes well with the surgery, and recovery will be quick and complete. Keep in touch.

5. Best wishes Mr Hippy! I agree with John Davey....listen to the physical therapist and do everything they say. My hip replacement recovery went very well because I followed the Dr's orders.

Good luck Reed, hope for a quick recovery.

Kinda late to the party, but I certainly hope things go well and your recovery is rapid!

Good luck I hope all goes well for you!

Don't take this stuff too far.You don't want to end up like the antique hammer....repaired over time with two new handles,and one new head. Speedy recovery!

Up and walking the same day? You've gotta be kidding me. You really need to milk these surgeries for all they're worth. Seems to me that you should be able to watch movies and be waited on hand and foot for at lest a week!

I hope that all goes well, and we'll be praying for a speedy recovery!

Jon Mac
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Reed,

I am a little late seeing this as well. I just had my hip replaced 10 weeks ago. What a difference... I had surgery late afternoon on a Monday, on my feet walking Tuesday morning, went home on Friday, in the shop on crutches Sunday. I can not imagine having both hips done at the same time...

I wish you well.

Sam

Reed my sister just got home a week ago from a hip replacement, she says it was a breeze.She used a walker till today and she's only carrying her cane.
    Best of luck to you.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Best of luck to you Reed. Here's hoping you're back into the shop and turning in record time.

Clint

Reed wishing you a speedy recovery. Do what the doctor tells you and Im sure everything will heel fast and strong.
    "There is nothing more dangerous than a resourcful idiot".....Dilbert

Reed,
    Take it from someone who has had both hips done, but not at the same time, you will do great, especially since you have good muscle tone in your legs. The best part of hip replaceement is that immediately after surgery you will notice there is only surgical pain, because hip replacement almost always take away the joint pain accociated with joint disease. Five and a half weeks after my first hip replacement, I was riding ATV's on the beach in Puerto Vallarta. Go for it, Reed......and remember to do all the exercises they give you, it will lesson the recovery time.
    Last edited by Ken Glass; 01-27-2013 at 9:20 AM.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.