Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke Vs Coke Zero

Diet Coke Vs Coke Zero

What is the difference between Diet Coke and Coke zero?? When it first came out I assumed that Zero had no caffeine, but it does have it. To avoid the caffeine, you need to find Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Why do they need both Diet Coke and Coke Zero?

I ask this, because my local burger joint dumped Cherry Coke so they could put in Zero alongside Diet Coke. I like to put a splash of the cherry in a Diet Coke, it sort of kills the diet taste a bit.

Yeah, yeah. You are probably wondering why this life altering news in not being investigated by 60 minutes. Me too.

Rick Potter

Blog Entries
    They have significantly different flavors. Coke Zero is sweeter and IMO tastes closer to Diet Pepsi. If you want 'sweet' go with the Coke Zero. I'm not a fan of Diet Coke unless I can put some flavor in it (splash of lemonade, etc.).

I personally am a Dr. Pepper freak. When I saw a Coke Zero I tried it and told my wife I was thinking I could switch. She looked at the ingredients and saw it had aspartame in it. She forbid me to drink it any more, threatening divorce. Real sugar is not nearly as bad for you as aspartame. Diet Coke I think still uses Nutra Sweet as a sweetener. Now I only drink Coke Zero once in a great while when my wife is out of town. Everyone needs their cheap life defying thrills once in a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Blog Entries
    Seriously? Sodas taste different? I never noticed; they are all just fizzy flavored water to me
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It's mainly about the flavor, as Coca Cola claims that Zero tastes more like regular Coca Cola, but the main chemical difference is that Zero adds potassium citrate, a flavor enhancer, and an additional sweetener, acesulfame potassium, that Diet does not. Both have the sweetener aspertame, and yes, both have caffeine.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

You ask a lot of questions about soft drinks Mr. Rick Potter.

The legal staff here at Megaglobalcorp are deeply concerned about your obvious attempt to undermine 2 of our fine products.

The differences between Diet Coke and Coke Zero do not concern you.

Just let it go.

I like my Diet Coke straight up, though I can remember back when I first had it and how bad it tasted. I should probably be worried that I now think it tastes good.

To me Zero is sweeter like regular Coke, but still nasty so I may as well drink Diet Coke. I'd drink caffeine free Diet Coke if only they could make it taste like normal Diet Coke. Say what you want about aspartame, it may not be good for me, but neither would be the weight I would have put on from drinking regular Coke and a mouthful of teeth rotted away.

Wouldn't drink either one!

Wow,

Is there anything you guys don't know the answer to?

Thanks for the info. Years ago my Dentist told me to drink diet, saying it wasn't good for your teeth, but better than the sugared drinks. Back then it tasted ok and used sacherine, which was later dropped because a barrell full could kill a lab rat.

My choice is Diet Dr. Pepper, but they don't have it in most places I frequent. I have found Diet Dr., caffein free, in cans at certain Wall Marts, and get some whenever I go near, but that's not too often.

Rick P

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bourque View Post
    You ask a lot of questions about soft drinks Mr. Rick Potter.

The legal staff here at Megaglobalcorp are deeply concerned about your obvious attempt to undermine 2 of our fine products.

The differences between Diet Coke and Coke Zero do not concern you.

Just let it go.
    OK...that cracked me up!

Hey, another splash of Cherry Coke in the diet fan. At a chain of stores we have around town they have the soda machines with flavor dispensers. When I'm feeling a little wild and crazy I have a Vanilla Cherry Diet Coke. Woooo, living life BIG!!! I like Chic-fil-a because they serve caffeine free diet coke. I drink CFDC when I'm at home . . . yeah, I know, just carbonated colored flavored water.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Taste-wise Coke Zero is a diet soda designed to taste close to real Coke. Diet Coke is designed to taste like a diet cola from the 80's which is when it came out and many people like that taste.

Marketing-wise, Coke Zero was designed to appeal to men who think Diet Coke is a 'girly' drink, but still want a diet drink.

Forget coke. Monster Rehab either green tea or lemonade is where its at
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Seriously? Sodas taste different? I never noticed; they are all just fizzy flavored water to me
    Then there is bottled vs fountain.
    Dunno about coke so much, but I can sure tell that A+W root beer from the restaurant tastes much nicer/creamier than root beer from a can.
    "It's Not About You."

Barley pop..............no excuses.